Would You Give?


I was driving to work today and I saw a man standing on the corner with a sign. This is a very common scence especially in these economic times. But there was something different about this particular man. His sign had a profession and he looked clean but still had the same look of despair. The sign read "A/C Tech Need A Job". I reached over in my wallet and without even giving it a second thought I grab a twenty. I waved it out my car window for a second but he didn't see it. I believe he was only looking at the first few cars. I was the third car in the turning lane at the light. I honked to get his attention and handed him the twenty. He seemed to be surprised and grateful to see the size of the bill. "Thank you" he said "You know I just want a job like everyone else." with tears in his eyes. I nodded and said "I know, I know...God bless you"

As the light turned green, he waved good-bye and thank you. He did the sign of the cross, forehead to chest and covered his face with his sign to hide his tears. I thought what if I was the only one to give today...

My heart because so heavy, I had to weep as I was reminded of a similar situation in my life. I was in Wal-mart checking out with my last $20. Ben, my husband had the flu. He wasn't working at the time and I was only working part-time. Need less to say we were broke. But I had to buy him some medicene. While at the cash register, I was so surprised at the total. I prayed out loud saying Lord, how am I supposed to get to work now? When did medicene get so expense. This is my last twenty dollars. The lady behind me handed me a twenty dollar bill and said "Is that enough? Are you going to be able to get to work?" I was so grateful. This lady had me crying in Wal-mart. I wanted to hug her and say thank you. But I restrained myself and simply thanked her and let her know she did not know HOW much she had blessed me and my family.

Twenty dollars... $20 You don't know how you could impact someone's faith walk by just giving a small gift. Sure $20 is a lot to give a stranger but is it really especially if your the person in need. What can you do with twenty dollars? The profit of giving is so much more than holding on to the money.

Matt 25:44-46


44 “Then they also will answer Him,[b] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’


45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’


46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”


© 2010, Tamara L. Floyd. All rights reserved. Contact tamara@tamarafloyd.com for permissions to use/reprint any content.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Top WordPress Themes