How Young Is Too Young?


Dispute what people thought, my husband and I got married. That was almost seven years ago. I was 20 and he was 23.  The decision was anomyous between the two of us when we began to dating officially and exclusively. We vowed to date with a purpose. Our relationship was clearly defined after 3 months of "talking", "kicking it", "hanging out" or what ever the kids are calling it now. I know women say this but I KNEW he was my husband and I told him.  His response was "I don't know about that, I have to talk to my mom." And he did. He called her right in front of me.
He was looking for confirmation and of course she didn't give it to him. 


I started dating and decided to marry my husband at 19. We got engaged after 8 months and said I do on our one year anniversary. When I heard the news of Miley Cyrus's recent engagement, I wasn't surprised I made the decision at that age. I also know others who married young and are still going strong. I received a call from My Fox Houston to weigh in on the subject. I happily obliged. What's the big deal I thought. Miley Cyrus I believe has proving to be responsible in her decisions. 


 I understand that 50% of marriages end in divorce.  The media perpetuates the stigma of black love. In past years stories entitled "Why Can't A Success Black Woman Find A Man." and "Why are There So Many Single Black Women" have run.  Making it more believable that love and especially black love does not exist.   Its rare that black couples last. I'm thankful that despite the hardships of life The Floyd's are still standing and growing together.  I was a little disappointed to see that the segment has once again taking a negative spin on the subject. But give me your thoughts.


What are your thoughts? Comment Below

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Top WordPress Themes